We’re Hiring: Digital Healthcare Science Degree Apprentice
If you have an interest in digital technologies and a passion for helping people, this could be the role to help you kick start your career.
1) About ORCHA
ORCHA is one of the UK’s fastest growing digital health organisations. We operate the world’s largest digital health assessment platform and library and have a suite of exciting products and services that are all geared towards getting more people using and benefiting from great health and care related apps.
We are a team of clinicians, mHealth experts and web developers working within the NHS helping to change the way healthcare is delivered, utilising the power of technology. Our award-winning digital platform has been shown to improve the long-term outcomes of our patient population, transformation change and patient outcomes.
It’s fair to say we are crazy about health apps. Digital health is rapidly emerging as the major new frontier in healthcare delivery globally and we are at the forefront of this fast moving and exhilarating environment.
Based in the Northwest of the UK we are rapidly growing across the whole of the UK, Europe and beyond. Check us out at orchahealth.com.
2) The Role:
There are over 327,000 health apps available, yet just 43 apps account for 83% of downloads. Your challenge is to help us get the right Apps to the right people at the right time. We are looking for amazing people to join our brand-new Degree Apprenticeship programme where you will also study a degree in Digital Healthcare Science at the University Warwick.
Your role at ORCHA Health as a Digital Healthcare Degree Apprentice will be a full-time position as a Digital Health Reviewer and Analyst whilst studying towards a Bachelor of Science Undergraduate degree in Digital Healthcare Science over 3 years.
Successful applicants joining ORCHA Health can expect to gain a broad understanding of operational processes to review healthcare apps. The Digital Healthcare Apprentices will investigate and evaluate healthcare apps.
The role consists of, but is not limited to, the following key activities:
- Undertaking reviews, re-reviews or signing off on a range of distinct Apps from a variety of different areas
- Investigate and examine all aspects of an App and the information that it provides
- Check out the relevant websites and App store entries to gather all the required evidence
- Work with Regulators directly in areas such as medical device regulation, data protection and clinical evidence evaluation
- Work with Developers to help enhance their App in line with relevant regulations standards and best practice
- Undertake extra research projects when required
- Work with the Senior Management Team and the wider teams to deliver service excellence
- Work with Clinical Leads in developing the Digital Healthcare pathway based on areas of expertise
3) What do you need?
It is important that you have:
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills, with the ability to be flexible in your approach to work
- The ability to work well within a team and individually, using your initiative to complete tasks effectively and proficiently
- A committed work ethic, with enthusiasm to develop your skills and a drive to learn
- Integrity and dependability
- A customer service ethos
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Attention to detail with an enquiring mind
- Research and investigation capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated academic achievement
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Entry requirements ABB at A Level (or equivalent), including at least one Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject
- Non-standard applications are encouraged and will be considered.
- Experience in digital health
- Keen interest with Apps and health technology
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of online collaboration tools such Google Workspace
All suitable applicants will be subject to a competency-based interview and will be asked to assess an app as part of the interview process.
4) What we offer
- A supportive environment where you can develop your skills and set a strong foundation for future career development. We believe in developing our staff to realise their full potential and offer opportunities for progression
- A team of experts who you will be able to learn from and develop your knowledge of healthcare apps
- A mentor who will provide you with support and guidance
- Peer support from other apprentices, we have 3 apprenticeship posts available so you will have support of others going through the same experience
- Paid annual leave 25 days per year based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Pension scheme
- A salary of £16,000 per annum with an increase on successful completion of probation.
If you have an interest in digital technologies, a passion for helping people and making a difference, this could be the role to help you kick start your career.
For more information on ORCHA, visit our website orchahealth.com, and for more information on the course visit the University of Warwick https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/sci/wmg/education/degree-apprenticeships/courses/dhs/
5) Get in touch
If this sounds like perfect role for you, please drop us an email at email@example.com with a covering letter and your CV telling us why. Don’t be shy, don’t leave your CV to do the talking, spell it out for us right from the start. The closing date is 15th March 2021.
Founded by NHS clinicians, ORCHA is the world’s leading digital health evaluation and distribution organisation. We provide services to national health bodies across three continents, including the NHS in 50% of UK regions, delivering national accreditation frameworks, bespoke Digital Health Libraries, and professional recommendation tools, specific to the needs of our clients. ORCHA’s unique Review Engine assesses digital health solutions against more than 350 measures across Clinical/Professional Assurance, Data & Privacy, and Usability & Accessibility, plus additional criteria depending on needs.
See how ORCHA works
Discover how our services, including Reviews, Digital Health Libraries, and market intelligence reports, can work for your specific needs.
Oops! We could not locate your form.